Monday, October 6, 2008

Where I Was and Where I'll Be

So, we went up to the Berkshires this past weekend to see my sister and her 6 year old son, and to go to the Berkshire Botanical Garden Harvest Festival, an event we haven't missed in three years. It was great fun. The weather was glorious, the leaves were turning, and I was able to pretend that winter isn't fast approaching. My 4 year old and his cousin went up in a cherry picker with my husband - here's the shot my husband took from the bucket. I get terrible vertigo which was explained to me once is the fear that one will jump if one gets close to the edge. Which I guess is how I feel. Or that the edge will somehow swoop up and engulf me, and sort of suck me off and take me down. Which I guess is another way of describing jumping. Anyway. I stayed on the ground. And was very happy when the three adventurers got down, too.

I'm thrilled to be doing a radio show with Book Club Girl on Wednesday, October 22nd at 7 pm EST. Here's the info and a link to the show. It's a call-in, so phone in. It'd be fun to say hey.
xo

1 Comments:

Blogger Shelley said...

I just found you through BookClubGirl and am going to read your new book as soon as our Great Read is over (My Antonia -yuck). I hope I can catch your BCG phone-in show. I love the story of the cover for The Safety of Secrets and just seeing it reminds me of the fun and sometimes anger created by telling secrets as a girl. Can't wait to read it!

October 9, 2008 at 7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home