Sunday, February 7, 2010

Yarmouth Blue

I painted my sons bathroom today with my sons (ages 6 and 3) and my nephew who is 12. When we started, and my six year old was on one side of the bathroom wielding a roller, and my three year old was on the other side, waving a roller, I had a moment of, "What in God's name was I thinking?" My nephew summed it up when he said, "Aunt DeLauné, I think you are spending more time taking care of needs than painting." But never underestimate the tired muscles of small children. They lasted about 45 minutes, then were done, so my darling nephew took them into the playroom while I finished. Hurrah! And I finally disamantled the dreadful fluorescent light above their sink since a new fixture is coming, and suddenly the bathroom is SO much better. But most important, Geaux Saints!!
xo

2 Comments:

Blogger Sheila Deeth said...

Hi DeLaune. That took me back to decorating bedrooms with my kids when they were small. Stripping wallpaper was fun. Wearing wallpaper even more so.

February 8, 2010 at 4:46 PM  
Blogger Alexandra said...

DeLaune,
I have so missed being in touch with you! I can't believe that it has been nearly a year since Newburyport. I hope that all is wonderful with you even if you're still pealing blue paint out from under your boys fingernails ;-)
I've been slowly working my way to somewhere with my book about drowning and saving and all that jazz. Hope your work is going well.
Love, peace, and hope,
Alex

April 7, 2010 at 12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home