Friday, January 9, 2009

Living in Lingerie and other Southern Afflictions (i.e. a family of writers)

An essay I wrote about my transition from LA to NY was published this month in Westchester Magazine. It follows my adjustment from living in slips to wearing winter-worthy clothes. If you'd like to check it out, click here.

I wish I could wear only a slip right now. We are supposed to get four to eight inches of snow tomorrow. I'm happy my sons love it because I am just not cut out for this cold. My Southern (CA and LA) roots are calling.
xo
PS While you are at the Westchester Magazine website (if you go), you can also check out an earlier piece I did for them about seeking my namesake in Paris. That one is here.

And, not to get tiresome, but Susan Larson of the New Orleans Times-Picayune gave my family a nice notice in her year end round-up. Six of us published novels in the span of four months in '08. She only knew of five (Andre Dubus III, James Lee Burke, Alafair Burke, Pamela Binnings Ewen, and myself) the sixth is my brother-in-law, John Lawson, who wrote a wonderful book, Hurricane Hotel and read from it at Spoken Interludes. Now, if I could only get us all in the same room for a show... You can read her piece here.

1 Comments:

Blogger julie lamy said...

Hey, DeLaune',

I am sorry I am such a poor communicator! I see now why my cards to you (in LA) came back undeliverable. I hope you, Dan and Walter are doing well. I wanted to let you know our friend, Jon Bergeron, died Christmas Day. I don't know any details. I love you and think of you often. Julie
juliewelshlamy@hotmail.com

January 11, 2009 at 4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home