Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Exactly What I Wasn't Going to Write About...

But how can I not???
Yes, I am going to write about my children.
So last night, as I was putting them to bed, my older son, who is four, asked if he could have another hug.
I told him he can always have another hug.
He said, why?
I said, because my heart is full of hugs for you.
He said, how do you know they are for me?
I said, because they have your name on them.
He said, is it spelled correctly?

So my question is: Who told him that his Momma is a rotten speller??!!

Then my fifteen month old son, who thinks he is four, proceeded to throw his blanket out of his crib and squealed with giggles every time I retrieved it. I did not help this game to end sooner by giving him hugs every time he did it. My older son asked if those hugs had his brother's name on them. I told him they did. Shockingly, he seemed assured that his brother's name had been spelled correctly.
Finally, after about 10 songs, they were exhausted and fell asleep.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sogalitno said...

And as a TOTALLY objective Aunt I can say that they are such sweeties

and say the darndest things! (look out when the baby starts talking - oi!)

;o

April 9, 2008 at 1:49 PM  
Blogger Jamie Rose said...

that is so adorable!

April 19, 2008 at 2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home